Friday 24 July 2020

Matariki Daily Activities!

Talofa Lava Everyone! Today I am going to share with you what we did on Matariki day during school. Yesterday we had 3 rotations. The 1st rotation was making manu tuku tuku's (kites) out of paper, cord, bamboo, feathers, and decorative strips that the students made. The 2nd rotation was making Maori bread which is basically fried bread. All you needed was two ingredients which was Self raising flour and water, simple! The last rotation was the 3rd rotation which was Stop motion. If you don't know what stop motion is, it is basically taking pictures while moving something with tiny movement. The stop motion we did was based on the Matariki story the seven sisters or stars.

My favorite rotation was making fried bread because after we got to eat it with either Golden syrup, butter, jam, or hazelnut chocolate butter. It was delicious and the fried read smelt really nice. 
The kites were amazing and with all of the art stripes it made small ones and we made 1 big one for the wall. For stop motion I was with a buddy and we made a little man who moved across. We didn't get to finish it because we had a short amount of time. Next time I want to make a stop motion about me.
I'm  going to try and make the fried bread at home so that I can share it with my family and eat it. 
Yummy! 

Thanks bloggers for reading my blog post and I hope you enjoyed looking at the stars last night for Matariki! Here are some photos of what we did during the day. Enjoy your fabulous holiday! Bye!










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.