Friday 11 September 2020

1st Basketball session!

 Malo e leilei Everyone!

 As you know it is Tongan language week, but I am talking about our first Basketball. It was so fun that I learnt how to dribble a ball under my leg. The Basketball teachers were Ronan and Mickey. For our warm up we played a game called Turtle tag and it's really fun. If you get tagged you have to lye on your back like a turtle with your feet and hands in the air. Two people have to help them get back up by holding there arms and legs and turning them over. Even the teachers played with us! 

In Basketball there is three easy, simple rules. The first rule is listening whenever they talk, the second rule is respect which is very important. The last rule which is the best, have FUN! We had 5 Basketball movements which were dribbling side to side, dribble through legs, stir the bath (side to side with one hand) under toilet , Sandwich (protect ball). At the end of the session we played a game called Dribble master. All you had to do was guard the ball from the person trying to get it off. You have to try and keep it for 10 seconds. 

I got through one person which was okay. If we touched that person that means it was contact and if you stopped dribbling and started dribbling again is called double dribble. Our Student teacher and teacher even tried doing it with us. We all had the best time and I am excited for next Wednesday! Thank you for reading my blog post and I hope you try some of these moves at home. Have a happy weekend and Happy Tongan week! Alu'a! (Bye)

The Basketball teachers teaching us



Me trying to get the ball!


4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Ruta. I am Casper From Ahipara school. You look like you are having heaps of fun and I liked how you put all the stuff that happened in your first basketball game. Keep up the good work and play basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Ruta my name is Bryson from Ahipara school. You playing basketball reminds me of when I play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora my name is Nikau I go to Ahipara school I really liked the look of the game it looks really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Ruta,
    I liked the way you told us a lot about what you did.
    This reminded me of when I did something a little bit similar but actally not that similar but I still played basketball.
    Maybe next time you could present it in a different way.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.