Friday 19 June 2020

Online Toolkit's 2020

Fakaalofa lahi atu bloggers!
Yesterday some senior students did a programme called Toolkit's. It's a really fun programme at school and there are 3 sessions. So Toolkit's has 3 presenters from 6 schools and they present in front of people who chose to do their session. We had a challenge slideshow to fill in about the sessions we did and reflect on it. After we reflect we had to do a bingo card around toolkit's and fill it in to get a toolkit badge. I liked toolkit's because it was really fun and I got to learn new things that I didn't know I could do. I also like it because we got to do sandpit time which means we get to try out the new stuff and it was really cool. It was good to see everyone getting excited to do it. My favorite session was making a Comic and storyboard. I started making my own Comic and so far it's going good. We had to join meets before we do the activity. We joined meets so the presenters could what we had to do.

I didn't like the meets because most students didn't turn of their mics and it got all noisy and loud. The presenters tried to calm them down and tell them to turn off their mics. I also got frustrated when the internet slowed down and my screen froze when I was on my first google meet. I learnt how to make my own digital portrait by using only a google drawing, line curver, and colour. I learnt how to make my own comic and how to make a Newspaper bingo. I learnt lots of things at toolkit's and it was lots of fun.
They could improve by the teachers going over the ako-hiko rules and checking if the students mics are off. They can also improve by not interrupting the presenters speech by asking questions.

Toolkit's was really fun though and its good for people who don't know how to use sites or new things to them. Here are some pictures of the senior students doing toolkit's:




Thank you for reading my blog post! If you want to say something go down to the comments. I hope you have a lovely weekend! Bye!




1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Ruta,
    I like the way you put a lot of detail into it.It is really cool.
    It reminded me of when I did something similar.
    Maybe next time you could add more colour to the background but other than that its great.
    How did you create the slides?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.