Friday 20 November 2020

Skateboarding: 1st Session!

 Talofa Everyone! Today I'm going to be blogging about our first session of skateboarding. 

 This morning my class got to go skateboarding first and I was so excited! Everyone had to wear a helmet and had to have a skateboard of course. First, we just had a ride around, so that we could get use to it. After that we came back to the white line to split in 2 groups. The first group stayed on the first court and the second group went to the second court. I was in the first group and we did some balancing. We stood on one foot and lunged down like we were pushing the skateboard. Then we had to touch the nose of the skateboard and close our eyes while doing it. After we did balancing, our group had to do tick - tacks! Tick - tacks are when you put one foot on the tail of the board and one foot in front. Then you have to lift it up and turn around as many times as you can.

Instead of staying still we had to ride around and do tick - tacks at the same time. For me it was really hard because I fell, but I saved myself. Then our coach changed tick - tacks into crab walk. A crab walk is when you put both feet on the edges of the board. Then you lift up one foot and then the other. This time I couldn't do it, but I kept trying and trying and I finally did it! Our next task was really easy, all you had to do is lean while skating. Leaning on a skateboard is when you ride and if you need to turn lean on your left or right. Don't lean too far or you might end up on the ground. After that we had a game called 'Whats up, wolf?' How you play this game is really easy, all you need is: A skateboard or a scooter, a helmet, and your friends or family to play with. One person is the wolf and the others are his friends. 

The wolf moves forward and so do his friends. When the wolf looks behind everyone freezes as quick as they can. If one of them moves they take 4 steps back. If you go past the wolf, you have to take 8 steps back. When he says dinner time you have to race to the other end and whoever gets there first wins and becomes the wolf. We had 2 rounds and after that we had a bit of free - time. I used all of the tricks they taught me for my free - time and it was so fun!  We finished up and took off our helmets. Then we went back to our class smiling! That was only our first session, but I hope you can do some tricks on your skateboard if you have one. The positive thing about the session was learning new skills!

Thanks for reading my blog post and I hope you learnt something from it. 

Bye! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.